Sunday, March 18, 2012

Unflitered

Sometimes I have no idea what to title some of these blog posts... so I just put down the first thing that came to me.

I just went back and read a couple of my blogs and it is really interesting to see the different moods I was in that resulted in an awakening in Christ. Some responses were frustration, angst, hunger, rejoicing... all these have lead me into a deeper yearning for the word, the living word.

I spent a few privileged hours with some new friends and was in awe of the conversation. I walk in, sit down and BAM! Jesus. More and more I am understanding the reality that his name is literally enough. His name holds all things and in all things is his name. I can't get enough of that conversation. I can't get enough of those words.

There has been a shift in my mind that has led me away from myself and into something much more deep and profound... tho I find myself unable to speak in most instances. Urges are placed upon my heart and a longing to partake in the transformation of our community but I get nothing. I see what we should do, what I should do... and then I come and Jesus does it, without me saying a word. His name is enough.

Psalm 19 says,
"The heavens declare the glory of God,
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
Day after day they pour forth speech,
night after night they display knowledge.
There is no speech or language
where their voice is not heard.
Their voice goes out into all the earth,
their words to the ends of the world."

As we were sitting in the jacuzzi I was overwhelmed by the response of creation to its creator. The heavens declare the glory of God. Day after day creation speaks... I want in that conversation. I want to hear what creation has to say. I want to see the skies and hear a proclamation of the work of His hands. "May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Ps 19:14

I dare you to take a gander into the names of the Lord. Make a list of them and see if that is not enough. Then once you know his name, take a look at creation and sit in awe of what you hear. I then dare you to ask him for anything, because you will see that he has already given you everything.

Until then may we understand that we have, in Christ, been made a new creation, a new man... forever changed by the grace of our redeemer.

No comments:

Post a Comment