Friday, February 12, 2010

Fruit Bootin'

I have a confession to make... I am a fruit booter. I have hidden this part of me for quite awhile and it was time to admit to it.

So this is part of my exercise adventure, and you can completely disregard my first post saying that I would do it everyday... that isn't going to happen. But I had an adventure today putting on my new rollerblades for the first time in over 10 years. It brought back memories of me and my dear friends rollerblading near the U of R, catching robbers and escaping prison. About as soon as the memories came so did the burning in my legs... Holy Moly did my legs burn!

I only made it a half an hour today and Pearle hardly made it that long as I was dragging her behind me, not even letting her stop to pee.

I recently got the itch to join a roller derby team based out of the IE and derby is no skate in the park (no pun intended). It's pretty hardcore and it's a whole bunch of women who have full-time jobs or stay at home with the kids who get to run over, push, shove and nearly wrestle as they get out their frustrations of everyday life... sounds like my kind of sport.

I will decide this weekend if I am going to be brave enough to join, so until then I will try to rollerblade again and ignore the intense burning in my legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment