Sunday, January 13, 2013

The year to start things- and to end things

I want to recap the last two posts because they are a part of a journey that both starts and ends here. In the first post (click here) I consider the effects of eating from the Tree of Life versus the Tree of Knowledge. After many hours pondering the path I chose to know God, I realized that I chose knowledge. In choosing knowledge, here is what my conversations with God were like.

"Dear God,
Please forgive me again for the sin(s) i have committed. Please teach me how to overcome this desire so I can be worthy of your love. Amen."

This was all from a place of knowing that Christ died for my sins, but not understanding what that actually meant for me. I was missing a key ingredient and that was life. It would be easy to mistake life as being alive, but that can be so different than the life that Christ wants for us, that is, His life. When we choose His life our conversations with him become a bit different.

"Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for your grace over my life that allows me to do the things I cannot do on my own. Your love for me surpasses all understanding and there is nothing in this world or the next that could ever separate that from me. Amen."

We have a choice to create our own life and destiny, or we can partake in the divine life and destiny that has been laid out for us since before time, hidden deep within the Father himself.

The second post (click here) I take a leap into the dark side to propose that sin does not exist. I cleverly defined sin under the context of the old law and don't really go into any detail about a new law. The reason I did this was I wanted to provoke you to really understand what law we are now under. Jeremiah puts it beautifully here: ""The time is coming" declares the Lord, "When I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah. It will not be like the covenant I made with their forefathers when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they broke my covenant, though I was a husband to them," declares the Lord. "I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. No longer will a man teach his neighbor, or a man his brother, saying 'Know the Lord,' because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest," declares the Lord. "For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more." (Jeremiah 31:31-34 NIV84)

The law is not something that can be listed on a piece of paper, for that paper was burned at the death of Christ. Instead, the law has been written on our minds and our hearts, that way we may know our God. And under this new law, he will remember our sins no more. So do I believe you can sin? Yes. I believe you can violate your own heart. But since God will remember them no longer, we would be doing ourselves a favor if we forgot them too.

Like my example about division, I propose that this year, 2013, we throw away everything we have known and learned about Church, Jesus and community. Toss it in the trash and let it die. As you let what these ideals have become, in your own mind, die, I urge you to relearn what these truly are. No longer from the perspective that I AM a sinner, but from the perspective of I WAS a sinner. There are two sides of the cross, one - before resurrection and two - after resurrection. Side one views God's judgement as yet to come or incomplete and side two views God's judgement as complete, where we have been completely justified and our sins are remembered no more. Once you decide to view Christ, yourself and your community (Church) on the second side, the latter side, the proper side of the cross, you choose to partake in resurrection life. Any and all ideals you allow to die and be resurrected, you will be able to experience in a completely brand new way.

This is the year that I choose to end everything that needs to end, let die everything that must die and begin to live as one who has been completely resurrected and restored. No more will I dabble in the ideals of poverty and disparity, but will choose abundance and prosperity that go far beyond my earthly circumstance. No more will I teeter on the fence of faith because there is no grey area and there is no fence to ride, just that which is either dead or alive. No deed or piece of gold will hold me down, for my treasures lie in Christ and Christ is sitting on the other side of death. So let us not carry death any longer, let us hold on to resurrection life, for that is what Christ has bought for me.




Food for thought:
You have a lover waiting at your door. Are you going to wait until your bruises and scars have healed or will you open the door to say you are ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment